What is crack-a-lackin for your 23 Q2 and beyond?

I spend a silly amount of time working on older computers and 3d printing pats to support those things. Also anyone do mushrooms?

Comments

• No mushrooms here. My wife enjoys them but hasn't done them in awhile.

Q2 and beyond I may have to finally start looking for new employment after 22 years at this job. My job duties have mostly been outsourced or given to teams that were inherited from mergers so I'm just doing desktop support again. No pay cuts, but there hasn't been pay raises either.

• edited May 2023

How it started: Niagara Region terminated my employment in January 2019, over the court management software I made, that they didn't want to support and wanted a vendor to replace.

How it's going now: I'm about to sign a contract with the Niagara Region to support the court management software they haven't been able to replace or maintain properly; making them the 38th municipality with a long-term support contract with my company.

• edited May 2023

Shrooms are for sissies; _peyote _- or maybe it was just a shredded bath sponge laced with LSD - is where it is at. I mean, are shrooms even as hallucinongenic as the edibles you lucky non-Ohioans can just buy at 7-11 these days?

• @Rufus said:
    How it's going now: I'm about to sign a contract with the Niagara Region to support the court management software they haven't been able to replace or maintain properly; making them the 38th municipality with a long-term support contract with my company.

Any idea if the person that made the 2019 decision is still there? Have you asked them how that crow tastes?

• edited May 2023

@filious said:

Any idea if the person that made the 2019 decision is still there? Have you asked them how that crow tastes?

The two people instrumental are gone... One is on long term disability (stress or something like that) and the other (most responsible) quit her job, shortly before having to return to the office (after the pandemic), and bought a farm in New Brunswick. If she was still there, a contract with me likely wouldn't have happened.

• @Rufus said:
    How it started: Niagara Region terminated my employment in January 2019, over the court management software I made, that they didn't want to support and wanted a vendor to replace.

This is such a fun story. Keep on!

• I went out for drinks tonight with a girl I used to ride the bus to school with. I can still smell her on my clothes. I'm so fucked lol

• @joshy said:
    Shrooms are for sissies; _peyote _- or maybe it was just a shredded bath sponge laced with LSD - is where it is at. I mean, are shrooms even as hallucinongenic as the edibles you lucky non-Ohioans can just buy at 7-11 these days?

We did have a shop setup and straight up sell mushrooms retail wise here in Portland.

• @LonMabonJovi said:
    I went out for drinks tonight with a girl I used to ride the bus to school with. I can still smell her on my clothes. I'm so fucked lol

Legit