Steaming Ass

Don't...use a pressure cooker?

Comments

• Wow. Zombie genitals.

• Zombocom?

• That sounds like someone was suggesting other names sarcastically, but the rest of the room didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

• Oh dear god... can you imagine the burning smell?

Imagine burning saliva (I know all of you have spit on something red hot before, don't deny it). Multiply that by some number appropriate for the output and different consistency there. That's what I'm imagining right now.

• Worst smell I've encountered was during a root canal in my early 20s. I just got dental insurance at my big kid job after 5 or 6 years of nothing. Root canal. The drill is whirling away and a little puff of smoke from the drill burrowing into the tooth pops out and goes directly up my nose.

Burning tooth is no thanks.

• @Clme said:
    Oh dear god... can you imagine the burning smell?

The guy on the viewer's right looks kinda grossed out to me.

• It occurs to me that this apparently silly song might actually be about the superiority of kinky sex.

• edited September 2017

Hmm. Here I thought it was just a more light-hearted take on something like "Three cigarettes in an ashtray". :smiley:

But I can see that. The mention of Chicken and Dumplings vs Bread and Butter/Toast and Jam certainly be related to kinky sex... but only as a sub-theme to the infidelity. "She would do things you would never do!"

• Not bad, but I'm not sure if it really needed to be two different songs. Were these recorded for a record single or something? :)

• I have know idea why they broke them up like that.

• When I see each latest Trump idiocy, I sometimes wonder if Bill is still into him, and if so how he rationalizes it.
  • Same reasoning as before. I believe high immigration has become an existential threat to the nation. If Trump controls immigration, I'm willing to put up with anything short of getting us nuked.

• We're not in the subjunctive mood anymore, the dude's been president for nine months. Why do you like him now?

• Hey @eod - check out the funky IP address I'm posting from. ~~

• I've never declared to particularly like the man. He was the best candidate on immigration, which I believe is the most important issue of today.

Remember that Hillary promised more of the same, but even more so. Trump doesn't have to be good; he just has to be better than Hillary would have been. If he keeps his promise on immigration, I'll be satisfied with my decision to support him. He has three more years.

• @fenomas said:
    Hey @eod - check out the funky IP address I'm posting from. ~~

The newest thing. Vanity ip's!

• The attempts to discredit Mueller have been ramping up. Its not surprising that this opinion piece would focus on details about the staff that Trump supporters will just assume are bad.

Personally I believe some of his staffing choices have been driven by things they have identified in the investigation and need more expert advice on. I have a lot of worries about this investigation, but excess overreach is really not one of them. Congress (or his successor) giving him carte blanche after he inevitably resigns in a huff is what I'm actually concerned with.

• @Bill said:

I've never declared to particularly like the man. He was the best candidate on immigration, which I believe is the most important issue of today.

Remember that Hillary promised more of the same, but even more so. Trump doesn't have to be good; he just has to be better than Hillary would have been. If he keeps his promise on immigration, I'll be satisfied with my decision to support him. He has three more years.

I didn't ask if you'd vote for him over Hillary, I asked if you support him. Like, when he's tweeting attacks against US cities that are underwater do you think "hey, there's my guy!", or "I'm sure glad we have him doing nothing related to immigration instead of her doing nothing", or whatnot.

• There is a whole bunch of stuff that gets spun this way by one group and that way by another group, and I just ignore it all as trivia. On things that matter:

He appears to be working on immigration. I'll give him time. As I've said repeatedly, if he gets this right while not getting us nuked, I'll consider his presidency a net success. Immigration is that important.

I have huge questions about his moves on Iran. As I said a long time ago when W started calling for war against Iraq, I hope he knows things about the situation that the public can't be allowed to know. It turns out that W didn't.

I like that ISIS is being wiped out. Trump didn't handle the issue the way I would have, which is to get out at let them all go to hell, but I don't claim to know enough to know if my method would have been optimal. I have to admit that there are few persons in more need of killing than ISIS.

I don't have any opinion on North Korea. I suspect Trump currently is playing bad cop, but who knows?

The Affordable Care Act was never intended to be sustainable. Harry Reid admitted as much. I can't blame Trump for trying to force Congress to act.

It appears that Trump is too close to the leadership of Israel and Saudi Arabia for my liking.

Through it all, I keep in mind that the mainstream press openly has been acting as an arm of the Democratic Party ever since it started to look like Trump might win the Republican nomination.

• edited October 2017

@Bill said:
    There is a whole bunch of stuff that gets spun this way by one group and that way by another group, and I just ignore it all as trivia. On things that matter:

This is delusional. What we objectively know about his activities is about half golfing and half petty personal disputes. Starting from those inputs and reaching the conclusion that he's enacting a North Korea Policy, or whatever, is only achievable if you're deeply invested in wanting to think good things about the guy.

Through it all, I keep in mind that the mainstream press openly has been acting as an arm of the Democratic Party ever since it started to look like Trump might win the Republican nomination.

If you honestly believe that, among other things it means somebody's convinced you that Fox isn't mainstream media. If I were you I'd be wondering who did that, and how.

• @fenomas said:

@Bill said:
    There is a whole bunch of stuff that gets spun this way by one group and that way by another group, and I just ignore it all as trivia. On things that matter:

This is delusional. What we objectively know about his activities is about half golfing and half petty personal disputes. Starting from those inputs and reaching the conclusion that he's enacting a North Korea Policy, or whatever, is only achievable if you're deeply invested in wanting to think good things about the guy.

The stuff I actually mentioned in my list has been in the news.

The stuff that I dismissed as trivia I find trivial. It's also so politically infected that it's unreliable.

As for thinking good things about Trump, I note that so far there has been no pogroms or death camps. So much for him literally being Hitler.

If you honestly believe that, among other things it means somebody's convinced you that Fox isn't mainstream media. If I were you I'd be wondering who did that, and how.

I have no idea what Fox News does. I formed my opinion by looking at the news coverage of Trump. The press is no longer even pretending to be impartial. If you want numbers look at the Pew study I linked.

• @Bill said:
    The stuff that I dismissed as trivia I find trivial. It's also so politically infected that it's unreliable.

The man generates controversies for a living. If you wanted to bias someone into liking him, how would you do it? Personally, I'd convince them to filter out anything politically controversial.

"He tried to kick trans people out of the military today."
    "Did the democrats attack him for it?"
    "Of course they did. Pretty much everyone did."
    "Ugh - politically infected! Let's move on."

I have no idea what Fox News does. I formed my opinion by looking at the news coverage of Trump. The press is no longer even pretending to be impartial.

Those first two sentences are mutually contradictory. Anyhoo, when Trump comes out and says crime in the US is at an all-time high, or that stock market gains since he took offset probably offset the national debt, what is it you want the media to do?
    Personally I think they're largely right-leaning insofar as they usually dance around the issue - in a sane world the headline would be somewhere between "President Extremely Confused" and "President Lies Again".

• Aside: from where I sit the existential threat facing the US is scorched-earth factionalism.

Most people there just don't seem to see themselves as being on the same team.